The Ad-Hoc Task Force on Planetary Defense of the NASA Advisory Council (NAC) recently presented at the NAC public meeting 28-29 April 28-29 2010 at NASA Johnson Space Center. Here are some selections from the presentation.
Initial meeting agenda:
- NASA NEO Program review & NASA FY11 Budget for NEO research review
- National Research Council NEO Report –Findings and Recommendations Summary
- United Nations NEO Threat Response Activities
- Status of OSTP action re Planetary Defense responsibility assignments
- Augustine Commission deliberations re NEO initiatives
- NASA/ESMD briefing on NEO Activities & Priorities
Link: Report to NASA Advisory Council, Ad-Hoc Task Force on Planetary Defense, 29 April 2010
This area will cover relevant news of the threat to the planet from Near Earth Objects (NEOs) including concepts and designs for mitigation. All opinions are those of the author.
07 May 2010
Note: Any opinions expressed on the blog are solely those of the author. The site is not sponsored by, nor does it represent the opinions of, any organization, corporation, or other entity.